Thursday, June 24, 2010

Carrots..and cabbage and beans...Oh My! Day 2

So haha, i know your all loving it. Especially you Rati. But I know I'm getting stronger by the day. I'm surprised with myself.

So... if i hate it so much, why am i doing it? Well, its the challenge. And I'm not losing out on anything aren't I? Except weight (i hope). Its just fun going on and I'm such a major foodie, its amazing i can put out so long! Its no fun just giving in, right? It's like I'm on the foothills of the Everest, might as well scale it, aye?

Okay, not Everest, maybe...something shorter...Like Pali hill, yeah??

I don't know why... But i was actually looking forward to day two. Maybe because i was so over melons, even onions started to look inviting.
I was even dreaming about vegetables. We did a small dance in my head to, "Janmo ke saathi, Hum saath-saath hai", because with vegetables, the possibilities are endless. Except for one little thing.

BREAD.

I love bread.
All i can think of is bread. All i see is toast. Hot, golden toast with molten butter and a dollop of honey. I don't even like honey, but its looks awesome in my head.
Even sandwiches of the local sandwich-wala in kherwadi (who I think ,makes the most unhygienic sandwiches in the world) tempts me.
I can kill for a sub-sandwich.

No, Seriously.

Depressing DAY 2
Its "all-you-can-eat-vegetables" day.

10.00AM: One boiled potato. I'm so bored i don't even season it. If it wasn't for our cook, i wouldn't even bother to peel it. Or even boil it for that matter. Anu aunty (one of my favorite-est people in our colony) comes to the rescue, sends me some mashed potatoes, seasoned with chilli, chaat-masala. That's what i'm talkin' about.

12.00pm: Quite full after the potatoes, i go for a salad. Rarely would one find me eating raw tomatoes. Today, i was like a gofer, sinking my teeth into anything I could find. I think i almost ate 5. Chaat masala can really change the taste of stuff... Hmmm, What about raw bell peppers eh?

1.oopm: 3 glases of water and 5 tomatoes can make you feel so bloated man! Raw bell peppers, not a great idea. I like em lightly grilled accompanied by grilled paneer.... Paneer. Great.
Two more tomatoes and another glass of water.

2.00PM: Rati's eating garlic bread.
You still want to know what im eating?

5.00pm: I try nibbling on raw cabbage. Don't like it that much, so sauté it in a drop of oil (just to fool my stomach) and season it with salt,pepper and lemon juice. Not baaaad!

6.00pm: More salad. I've finished around a kilo of tomatoes. I go for a walk, just for a change.

7.00pm: Parents and sister leave to attend a wedding. Rati's all psyched about the "shaadi ka khaana". Loser.
Man, i miss "shaadi ka khaana".

8.30pm: For a change, I eat lauki. Which tastes so great that I eat an entire lauki. Trust me, it was yum. If you don't like lauki, you don't know what you're missing out on.


Who am I kidding?
I hate lauki.
Day 2 is soooo over!

No comments: